Native to Southeast Asia, this small, green, bushy shrub, with lavender-hued flowers has a history within Indian wellness practices. Tulsi (Holy Basil) meaning “the incomparable one,” is considered “Queen of the Herbs” and is traditionally used around the world as part of many cultural practices and rituals. The soothing aroma of Tulsi essential oil aroma resembles a cross between traditional Basil oil and Clove oil, with notes of Peppermint oil and licorice.
Why should I add Tulsi oil to my collection? Unlike its cousin, sweet basil, Tulsi essential oil has a warm, sweet aroma reminiscent of freshly cut basil. Its scent creates an uplifting and engaging atmosphere. Tulsi oil is also high in eugenol, the same chemical constituent that gives Clove essential oil its warming properties. However, Tulsi is much gentler when applied to skin and can help keep the appearance of skin looking clean and healthy.
- Has a calming aroma
- May help maintain good oral hygiene
- May support the appearance of healthy skin
- Add one drop of Tulsi oil to two ounces of water and gargle for a clean mouth and fresh breath.
- Add one drop of Tulsi oil to your facial cleanser or lotion as part of your skin care routine.
- Add one drop of Tulsi oil to palm of your hand, rub hands together, and cup hands over your nose and inhale.
- Diffuse Tulsi essential oil to promote a calming atmosphere.
Directions for Use
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.