Also known as Melaleuca, Tea Tree essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Melaleuca tree were used by the Aboriginal peoples of Australia for centuries. They would apply crushed leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. The aroma of Tea Tree is fresh and uplifting, while the oil itself can be used daily for its cleansing and rejuvenating properties on the skin.
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve colds and cough.
- Use in an oral rinse to freshen breath.
- Apply to underarms as a natural deodorant.
- Add a few drops to Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to tired, dry, or cracked feet.
- Combine Tea Tree and Cedarwood and apply to face after shaving for an invigorating aftershave.
- Diffuse with citrus essential oils for a refreshing aroma.
- Add a few drops to washing machine to freshen clothing.
- Add five drops Tea Tree to a spray bottle with water and use on household surfaces.
Herbaceous, green, leathery