Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. dōTERRA’s Arborvitae essential oil is sourced from the heartwood of the Thuja plicata tree. It is also known as Western Red Cedar and is native to North America (primarily Canada and the Northwestern United States). The sourcing arrangements for this oil are done in an innovative, environmentally-responsible way through distillation of residual wood materials to ensure no trees are unnecessarily harvested for production. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Arborvitae essential oil also acts as a powerful cleansing agent for the skin.
- Add one drop Arborvitae oil to facial cleanser for enhanced cleansing benefits in a skincare routine
- Apply one to two drops Arborvitae oil to neck and behind the ears for a peaceful, calming aroma during meditation.
- Apply two drops Arborvitae oil to the bottom of feet at the start of the day for a grounding, calming scent.
- Mix one to two drops Arborvitae oil with equal parts Wild Orange oil and Cassia oil and apply to wrists for an uplifting, earthy aroma.
- Apply two to three drops Arborvitae oil to a cotton ball and place in closets or drawers.
- Mix ten drops Arborvitae oil and ½-cup water in an amber spray bottle for a cleansing household surface spray.
- Mix four drops Arborvitae oil and two drops Lemon oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a naturally sourced wood preservative and polish.
Warm, woody, earthy