With natural preservation properties, essential oil from the native Canadian Arborvitae tree acts as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent, while providing a warm, earthy aroma.
Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. Our arborvitae essential oil is sourced from the heartwood of the Thuja plicata tree. It is also known as Western Red Cedar and is native to North America (primarily Canada and the Northwestern United States).
This unique source of arborvitae essential oil contains a distinct chemical profile and is uniquely concentrated in methyl thujate. The sourcing arrangements for this oil are done in an innovative, environmentally-responsible way through distillation of residual wood materials to ensure no trees are unnecessarily harvested for production.
Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Because of its natural preserving properties, Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
- Promote clear, healthy looking skin when applied topically
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Natural insect repellent and wood preservative
- Add one drop Arborvitae oil to facial cleanser for enhanced cleansing benefits in a skincare routine
- Apply one to two drops Arborvitae oil to neck and behind the ears for a peaceful, calming aroma during meditation
- Apply two drops Arborvitae oil to the bottom of feet at the start of the day for a grounding, calming scent
- Mix one to two drops Arborvitae oil with equal parts Wild Orange oil and Cassia oil and apply to wrists for an uplifting, earthy aroma
- Apply two to three drops Arborvitae oil to a cotton ball and place in closets or drawers
- Mix ten drops Arborvitae oil and ½-cup water in an amber spray bottle for a cleansing household surface spray
- Mix four drops Arborvitae oil and two drops Lemon oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a naturally sourced wood preservative and polish
Directions for Use
Aromatic: Use 3-4 drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical: Apply 1-2 drops to desired area. May dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Warm, woody, earthy
Follow the directions printed on the label. Do not use the product in a way not intended. If you have concerns, discontinue use of the products or contact doTERRA 1-800-411-8151
To learn how to use doTERRA essential oils and products in depth check out our help center
Retail vs. Wholesale
Retail vs. Wholesale
You may purchase doTERRA products either at retail or wholesale price. To purchase at wholesale you must first create a wholesale account.
Free shipping on orders over $75. Domestic orders shipped via Canada Post Express. Orders are typically processed the same day and shipped out the next day.
If you have questions about a product, ordering or any thing else please contact us.