Douglas Fir is a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree is frequently used in the Christmas tree industry and has a lemonscented note that’s sweet and refreshing. dōTERRA Douglas Fir essential oil is sustainably sourced from young trees in New Zealand, where it is a highly invasive species threatening the country’s ecosystem. By harvesting young Douglas Fir trees and using them for essential oil, dōTERRA is helping combat the environmental impact of the trees overtaking the land while providing a premium conifer essential oil. Douglas Fir has a unique chemical composition that’s particularly rich in beta-pinene, contributing to its ability to promote feelings of clear airways. When used topically Douglas Fir can improve the appearance of skin. Blending Douglas Fir with citrus oils will create an uplifting environment while freshening the air.
- Dilute with Fractionated Coconut oil and apply to chest for a revitalizing massage.
- Add one drop to body wash for an energizing aroma and added surface cleansing benefits.
- Combine one drop Douglas Fir with two drops Wintergreen for a rejuvenating massage.
- Place a drop in hands and inhale for a calming, re-energize aroma.
- Diffuse during the holiday season for a natural, woody aroma.
- When creating an all-purpose cleaner, add two drops for an extra boost.
- Diffuse Douglas Fir with Grapefruit while doing homework for a stimulating fragrance.
Clean, fresh, woody, airy