Derived from the branches of the tall evergreen tree, Cypress essential oil has a fresh, clean aroma that’s energizing and refreshing. Cypress is frequently used in spas and by massage therapists. Cypress is also commonly used topically to improve skin conditions. It has a grounding, yet stimulating effect, making it a popular oil to diffuse.
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve colds and cough.
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve joint and muscle pain associated with sprain, strain, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Apply Cypress to soothe dryness and clean skin.
- Prior to a long run, apply to feet and legs for an energizing massage.
- Combine with Lavender or Marjoram for a soothing neck massage.
- Apply two drops Cypress to chest before gardening for an invigorating aroma.
- Place ½ cup Epsom salt and one drop Cypress in a warm bath to relax after a hard day.
- Diffuse three drops Cypress with three drops Lime for an invigorating scent.
- Apply two drops to a warm rag before wiping down surfaces for added cleansing benefits.
Clean, fresh, woody, herbaceous