Egyptians used galbanum for incense and embalming the dead, while Roman and Greek civilizations used it in beauty products like balms and perfume.
Hippocrates even used it for various wellness purposes, and it is also mentioned as anciently as the Bible. Part of the carrot family and related to caraway and fennel, the galbanum plant is a tall, bushy perennial herb with small flowers, shiny leaves, and smooth stems. The gum resin is released when the base of the stem is cut.
CPTG Certified Pure Tested Grade™ Galbanum essential oil has a complex aroma that is fresh, green, earthy, and woody. Galbanum blends well with Rose, Lavender, Geranium, and Frankincense. Add Galbanum to Fractionated Coconut Oil and use in an aromatically comforting and soothing massage.
- Has an earthy, fresh, green aroma
- Contains surface cleansing properties
- Provides a soothing sensation on the skin
- Add one drop of Galbanum oil to your favorite facial, body, or surface cleanser
- Combine a few drops of Galbanum oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to desired areas for a relaxing aroma during a comforting massage
- Diffuse three to four drops of Galbanum oil for a fresh aroma throughout your space
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Earthy, green, fresh, woody